Tired of sending job applications into a black hole and receiving little to no response?
You've come to the RIGHT PLACE.
In a practical, step-by-step video course, award-winning business writing expert Danny Rubin guides you through every major part of the job application process.
Let Danny be your personal career coach!
A full 85% of Danny's students secure at least one job offer, and he's helped people land interviews and jobs at top companies like General Motors, Converse, Pandora Radio and more, including...
Danny will teach you how to:
- Construct your resume so your skills and experience JUMP off the page
- Transform your cover letter into a powerful short story of success, a technique that can grab the employer's attention immediately -- it helped one Masterclass student land 12 JOB INTERVIEWS (!)
- Craft your LinkedIn profile summary so you make the strongest "introduction" before the employer ever contacts you
- Prepare for the job interview with strategies that set you apart from the competition
The goal for the entire course: make employers say, "I need to meet this person immediately."
Listen to successful Masterclass students talk about how the program changed their careers forever.
The results speak for themselves.
Who is right for this course?
- College students
- Recent grads
- Military community
- People who hope to land internships
- People who want to switch jobs
- Anyone else who needs a job ASAP!
Danny teaches in a conversational style that makes his lessons easy to implement. With each course video, you will understand how to share your experience and skills with any company. Watch the sample video at the top to see what the course is like!
What you will create
- Unforgettable resume/cover letter
- LinkedIn profile summary that markets your unique brand 24/7
- Job interview strategies that will have the boss saying, “Whoa, that was impressive”
- “Next-level” email correspondence
- Invaluable communication skills that will last a lifetime
You have too much talent and ability -- let Danny show you how to maximize your opportunities in the competitive job market!
And yes, you can watch the course videos on any device.
The course comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee.
PLUS you will gain access to Danny's private Facebook group exclusively for students in the course!
In the Facebook group, you can:
- Ask questions
- Gain feedback
- Upload your resume/cover letter for instant feedback from Danny and others in the group!
Masterclass student Carly Jo landed a job at Experian!
And don't forget about the four bonus materials you receive!
- My video Q&A about applicant tracking systems -- Don't apply through any more online job boards until you hear from Allen Jacobs, a veteran recruiter from IBM. Allen will give you actionable strategies to improve your online job apps and help you increase the number of callbacks you receive from employers. ($159 value)
"Find your story" worksheet -- OK, you know a "storytelling" cover letter is an absolute game-changer in the job market. How do you identify the exact story to tell about yourself? This worksheet will help you select the perfect one. ($99 value)
- Job interview prep checklist -- Items include how to research the employer, how to prepare questions to ask, what to bring with you and the exact time you should arrive. ($99 value)
- 8 crucial email templates for the job search -- Examples: How to apply even if the company has no openings at the time/How to make sure the company received your job application/How to tell your network you’re looking for new opportunities...and five more! ($159 value)
Will you land a spot in Danny's Masterclass Hall of Fame?
Go Inside the Course
Module 1: Resumes
In the first module, we do a deep dive on each section of your resume:
- Objective Statement
- Work Experience
- Miscellaneous Sections (ex: Leadership, Hobbies)
Danny shows you "before" and "after" examples from past coaching clients and how he transformed resumes using his techniques.
He also discusses why "Education" should come at the bottom of the resume for students and working professionals. He then includes a full resume template that combines all of his lessons so you have a model to work from.
Module 2: Cover Letters
Next, Danny gives you the blueprint to his powerful "storytelling" cover letter approach -- the technique that helped one Masterclass student beat out 1,500 applicants and land a coveted communications position with the Chicago Cubs!
Danny shows you the six parts to a winning cover letter and then talks through each part one at a time. Finally, he includes a full "storytelling" cover letter template as a reference.
Module 3: LinkedIn Profile Summaries
In the third module, Danny tackles the LinkedIn profile summary and how to describe yourself in a memorable way.
Similar to the cover letter exercise, Danny shares his innovative three-step process and then shows you real-life examples of what all three parts look like.
The three steps:
Step 1: Who are you, really?
Step 2: What do you do?
Step 3: Bring 'em home (why you're passionate about what you do)
Danny also provides a template for the three steps and alternative versions for college students, recent grads and the unemployed.
Module 4: Job Interview Prep
After the fourth module, you will never think of job interviews the same way again. Danny teaches you how to answer almost any question with a dynamic story that proves you get results.
And when it's time for you to ask questions, he has you 100% ready on that front too. He explains how to prepare smart, insightful questions. Meanwhile, everyone else tosses out "predictable" questions or worse yet says, "No, I think you answered all my questions already." Bad answer.
Danny then gives you the template for a winning thank-you note after the interview so you will impress the employer once more.
Module 5: Extras
In the final module, Danny talks about why college students and recent grads don't need resume objective statements. And he show you how to contact recruiters via email after you apply for the job (full template).
In all, you receive five templates that will guide you through the job application process:
- How to Reach Out to a Recruiter
- Additional LinkedIn Profile Summary Templates (college students, recent grads and unemployed)
- Full Resume Template
- Full Resume Template (10+ years of work experience)
- Full Cover Letter Template
Danny designed the course to be comprehensive and have you covered at every turn!
5-Star Review by Joey L.
"Few people in my life have been as influential in helping me get a new job as Danny Rubin. Not only does he know what he's talking about, but he's able to communicate it in a way that's relatable and easy to understand. Need a new job? Listen to this man!"
Let me tell you a quick story of a person I helped to land a job – a temp employee at a chicken plant.
Recently, a young woman named Jasmine reached out for career coaching help. She worked at a chicken plant (seriously) in Maryland as a temp employee in the HR division. She wanted a full-time job BADLY but couldn’t get noticed in the job market. I could tell she was frustrated and in a tough spot.
I asked Jasmine about a time in her temp job where she demonstrated work ethic and hustle. She then told me a story…a GREAT story…and we used the experience in her resume and as a central theme in her cover letter.
The result? THREE job interviews and TWO subsequent job offers within a MONTH. She then accepted a position in HR at a Washington, DC law firm. What a terrific opportunity!
In my course, I will teach you the same "job app secrets" I gave to Jasmine.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. When can I begin the course?
Right away! You will receive a log-in immediately and can access all the course material whenever you want -- and for as long as you want. **Lifetime access.**
2. What should I expect from the course modules?
Think of the "Job Application Masterclass" as a 1-on-1 career coaching session with Danny Rubin. The course modules are a mix of detailed breakdowns (ex: how to write polished resume and cover letter) and videos where Danny talks straight to you and provides his sought-after career instruction. The videos move quickly and are packed with information you can apply to your own job applications right away.
3. How does the Facebook group work?
As a student in the "Job Application Masterclass," you have exclusive access to a closed Facebook group where you can discuss your job search (applications and interviews) with the group and Danny too. Ask questions, receive critical feedback and and share your resume/cover letter for invaluable feedback!
The "Job Application Masterclass" is more than self-guided videos (although the video material is comprehensive). It's also a community ready to help you find the greatest success possible in the job market.
4. Am I too old for the "Masterclass"?
No way! No matter your age, Danny's writing techniques will help you stand out and make employers understand your true value. This is not, by any means, a program for millennials only.5. I'm a college student and need internships rather than jobs. Is this course right for me?
5. I'm a college student and need internships rather than jobs. Is this course right for me?
Business Writing Expert
About the Instructor
Danny Rubin is an author and speaker trusted by students and working professionals for his practical advice on writing, networking and interpersonal skills.
Danny's writing techniques are used inside the Pentagon and by the Association for Career and Technical Education (ACTE). More commonly known as "vo tech," ACTE provides resources to more than 24,000 educators in high schools and community colleges across the US.
Why do those organizations rely upon Danny's writing techniques? The strategies help people stand out and find success. Plain and simple.
When you write well, you open doors. After you take Danny's "Job Application Masterclass," you will understand what he means.
If you have any questions, please send Danny an email (firstname.lastname@example.org). You can also visit his website here.
Danny is a regular contributor to CNBC.com about business communication skills.
His writing techniques are used by top schools like the University of Maryland and the University of Virginia as well as the Department of Defense (within military sites like the Pentagon and Quantico).
- Start Here!
- Part I: Never, Ever be Vague
- Part II: Objective Statement Tutorial
- Part III: Skills Section Tutorial
- Part IV: Work Experience Bullet Points 1 and 2
- Part V: Work Experience Bullet Points 3 and 4
- Part VI: Education Tutorial
- Part VII: Miscellaneous Resume Sections
- Worksheet: Full Resume Template
- Worksheet: Full Resume Template -- 10+ Years of Work Experience